Terramycin 250 mg
Terramycin 250 mg (100 pills) (Oxytetracycline) is an antibiotic, prescribed for various infections such as acne, dermatitis, gonorrhea, etc.
It is used to treat certain bacterial infections of the skin, lung, genitals and bladder. It is also used to treat certain infectious diarrhoea and sexually-transmitted diseases (STD).
Take Terramycin by mouth with a full glass of water on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating. Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking Terramycin 250 mg (100 pills).
Avoid taking milk, dairy products, calcium-enriched juices before and after consuming the drug. It is better to take Terramycin every day at the same time. Do not stop taking Terramycin suddenly. Therapy should be continued for at least 24–48 hours after symptoms and fever have subsided.
Terramycin may cause diarrhoea, nausea and stomach discomfort. These side effects are usually temporary. If you have diarrhoea, drink lots of water to replace the fluids lost.
However, if you have severe diarrhoea or diarrhoea with severe stomach cramps or bloody stools, alert your doctor. If you develop rashes, breathlessness, swollen mouth or eyes, stop the medicine and inform your doctor quickly. These could be signs of an allergic reaction.
Oxytetracycline may also cause your skin to be more sensitive to sunlight. Avoid direct or long hours of exposure to the sun and other forms of ultraviolet (UV) light like tanning beds or sun lamps.
If an overdose occurs and you are not feeling well, you should seek emergency medical attention or contact your healthcare provider immediately. Symptoms of Terramycin overdose: retching, diarrhoea, nausea.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children. Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.
No review yet
No questions yet